Sunday, August 14, 2005

An American Baby shower in Senegal

Well, today the other workers in our country with our company gave me a baby shower. I did not know they were even planning it until a couple of weeks ago, but for some reason I was really surprised. Even today it was funny to think about going to a baby shower for us. I don't know if it is because we are here or if I am still processing that we are about to have another little one. As far along as I am and as big as the baby is, it should not be difficult for me to process but being busy has made it harder to think about.
But anyway, back to the shower information. There were cutesy decorations. We played silly shower games and had great refreshments. We played the game where they cut the string that is supposed to go around my waist. The ten year old daughter of one of my friends got it right on; everyone was impressed. I got some wonderful gifts for the baby, especially precious outfits. I was just thoroughly overwhelmed with the love. I had so much love shown to me in the states when our son was born two years ago. The number at the shower today was less than the showers I had in the states, but it was good to feel that same love. We are so very blessed that God has placed people around us who care for us so. One of the girls there made a list of quotes you only hear at a baby shower in Africa. I will post them for all of you when I get them from her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa. I always enjoy reading about you and Rich and I admire you so much. My prayers are with you are you approach your due date. I remember when you and Rich were just "carefree" students at LC without the pleasures that your mission and your family bring to you. Again, I think of you often and always enjoy getting your newsletter. You give me inspiration and reaffirm my faith in mankind.

Anonymous said...

Lisa-
I am so glad that things are going well for you and the baby! I know you will have your hands full, but it will be fun! I love to see the pictures of William! He's so cute! Maybe we'll meet up again someday in Virginia. Ben and I were there a few weeks ago and got to take care of 50 teenagers this time around! Definatly different then a room full of little babies!
Take Care! Love,
Adriane (Tuttle) Brinkley