Sunday, March 12, 2006

Hello again from the girl down the street

Hello again!
This is Jessica, for all who forgot.. I am back in action and wanted to write a little excerpt to fill all ya'll in on what I have been doing for the last couple of weeks. Well I am in good spirits at the moment because my older brother (Chris) and college roomate (Linzi) left Dakar last night after a week of visiting me! It was so amazing. We did so much together. We laughed, sat on the beach, ate a lot, hung out with my family, prayed, and simply talked while enjoying each other's company. It was such an emotional, rejuvination week for me. I begun to process a lot of what I have been learning out here which was nice to do with people who know me and love me. It was good to start processing things so that when I go home it wont hit so hard. That's just it.. I go home in a month! I thought I would be really sad to see Chris and Linzi leave, but realizing my departure date, I have decided that there is no time to be sad. It's time to focus on why God brought me here and what he still has time to do through me. So thank you for all your prayers regarding my heart and struggles here. The Lord is blessing me once again. So Let me fill you all in on what the Lord is doing with my family.
C.S. Lewis wrote a quote about people who see in his book, "The Last Battle". I don't remember the quote exactly word for word, but it says that everyone who truely seeks truely finds. I couldn't agree with Lewis more. I believe that you don't need a check list of what constitutes someone as a "seeker". I believe that people who are searching for truth, asking questions, and trying to make sense of life are seekers. This is my family. I have had wonderful conversations with them about prayer, God, and Jesus. They are listening and watching me and I believe that the Lord has met them in some way so far. I pray that my family will continue to seek because if they do they are going to hit rock bottom and that rock is going to be Jesus. Please continue to pray for the Ba family. Pray that they will see visions and dream dreams of Jesus. Pray also that when they experience God that they come and talk with me and ask me questions. Jesus said that people will know that we are his disciples by the way we love each other. This is all I am doing. I am striving to love God and love my neighbor.. I just happen to be in Senegal doing it! So, be encouraged that what Rich, Lisa, and I are doing is nothing out of the ordinary.
I am going to try and write more about Senegalese family life and some of my own reflections of my life here. Untill then.....
Jamm ak Jamm (peace with peace)
Jessica

No comments: