Thursday, March 09, 2006

How small are you thinking?

How small are you thinking?

I was challenged the other day with this thought by the daily devotional book I am reading. Then by events that occurred, the reading was brought home even more. We have been very close to a particular family, but I have been limiting my perceived influence to the young people of the family. Not that they are the only ones I have been relating to, but they are the only ones I have seen the Spirit moving among. But once again, God surprises me!

The older mother came to visit recently and told how the doctor has said that there is nothing wrong with her body, though she would say differently. By some things she said, the Spirit revealed to me that what is going on within her is more spiritual. A bit intimidated, I went to her and asked if she and I could begin talking about some stories from God’s Word, particularly one’s written by Moses. She said she would like that very much. I am to begin meeting with her this week.

How big are you thinking? How small? Do you say it is because you think small of yourself? Been there, done that! But if you are living in the Spirit, He dwells within you, thus you are thinking small of Him. Think big! But keep your eyes open for the big and small. God is working all around us! But beware; the enemy is working as well. Sometimes it is hard to see God’s hand when the enemy is so prevalent, but He is very much at work if we will simply look for it.

No comments: