Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A visit

Hi there

I just had to share with you all about my visit at the B. household yesterday. I was doing the story of Adam and Eve sinning. I did it on tape especially after I found out I had a time limit because of Madam B having a previous engagement. It was her with three of her daughters and one son. We listened to the scriptures and the story and then the questions. I jumped ahead a little, please forgive me, but I felt lead to cover why the clothes of leaves were not good enough. So I brought up Tabaski and the shedding of blood for sin. One of the daughters asked if I really believed that God instructed the sacrifice for the sin. I said yes, but I could see confusion in her eyes as she kept asking me over and over again if I really believed it. I wanted so badly to tell the whole story right there but was not sure how and where the others were at in all of this. I said that yes, God’s word says that there is no forgiveness without the shedding of blood, but…..I believe that the blood has been spilt to completion. We wrapped up the story session, with even another young man coming in during the story as well as their househelper. She and all her children, except maybe the youngest daughter, answered questions, especially the son and the daughter who pressed me. Because Madam B. had to get ready to go, the daughter who kept asking me and who I have a pretty good relationship walked me out. She was still in awe of what I said because we do not sacrifice. I told her I want to tell her more if she wants to know, but I need to pray and seek out the words to tell her. It was amazing to see the look in her eyes, like she had never heard that from a Christian, but it is crucial to know what is required before we can know it has been paid. Anyway, just wanted to let you know to keep praying.

It looks like Thursday after lunch will be the best time for me to go visit with them so PLEASE be praying for me and for them on that day. Pray that the words will be given to me and for their hearts and minds to be opened.

No comments: